Sunday, July 26, 2009

An Angelic Presense

Somewhere
between living and dying,
fall and spring,
morning and night,
waking and sleeping,
silence and noise,
together and apart,
haunted and visited,
are so many words...
unspoken
blocked behind this
wall of silence
you filled my dreams
with promises of forever.
breathing in
and waiting to exhale,
there is a place
only you can reach.
yet, my bed is clearly
occupied by only
One.
as shadows dance,
the lights go out-
i am trapped in the haze.
i am lost in
the maze...
one-eyed and crawling
into the place
where you are-
where nothing is everything
that I could hope for
in silent prayers.
from all the dawns
and moons gone by,
I'd chose lazy Sundays...
ruby-red entrancement
when the ache you lathered
rang strong and sweet.
I'll hold it tight to my breast
to infuse
your breath with mine.
once drawing precisely
its ghost to my lips
to sample yours.
you whisper
and pull me to you
i watch your eyes
crystal and almost clear-
i catch you in my breath...
scarlet kindle retrieved-
the way your eyes
lit bonfires in my heart,
and the heat of it
dancing across the desert of my longing...
in a place where you can start
all over again-
tomorrow...
in a place of hope.

No comments: