Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ah Spooning...Part 2

I turn in early these days
so I can meet my lover there
in peaceful slumber
where the responsibilities of life
do not beckon me

I meet His presence there
coming to me while I sleep
our passion unbridled
And our love quickly becomes deep

I hate morning's light
it comes too soon
it takes me from my lover's
embrace as we spoon

I want to sleep the afternoon away
just to reconnect with His love
His body and soul
His fragrance lingering
how I miss it so

I am desperate to see His face
one glimpse into those green eyes
Even if it is but a dream
I want to see myself in His eyes

He is wonderful
He is good
He is gentle
He is strong
He is beautiful inside and out
He is forgiving

From birth
He Knows me
He Holds me
There is love no doubt

In brilliant light of slumber
and in my dream I AM His love
Why must I be so enamored?
Why so captive?
It is bittersweet now
This irony of loving
One you can not see

Meant to be?
Maybe only in dreams
I can see His face...
If a sleep do not wake me

Let me sleep
So that I may be
in my lover's arms again

Let me sleep.
Do not wake me
For life's reality will beckon me
Back to where I do not want to be
Let me sleep...

No comments: