Friday, March 16, 2012

THRICE OF TIME AND TIDE


  Like the morning mist
ripples of time span distant
galaxies
... Time out of mind passes
slowly
spinning like a wheel
Moments measure timeless passion
My thoughts are like shadows in twilight
a charade of speculation
reflected
upon the mirror of my mind
Pinpoints of lucid light poke holes
into the fabric of my consciousness
Pretense of perfection
become like an oasis of thought
a garden of idealistic illusion
where I envision your image
dancing
upon the sands of my soul
Your mirage plays like a music box
haunting
the hallways of my heart
like a melodious melody
floating
upon the chords of time
Your image engraved itself
upon the recesses of my mind
Those deep, dark, hazel eyes
resting
upon the brightness of your coming
as you reach into me
melting me
into nothingness
Dawn lights up the sky
and now I awake
the smell of coffee beckons me
to arise now from slumbering rest
to see fields of
paper whites and daffodils
Outside clouds gather
scattering
their rain
Wrapped in terry cloth robe
Coffee in tow
Giggling
like an eager child
Gathering
armfuls of daffodils
You and I picked
fresh flowers this morning.
Your presense still lingers
forming the bond of timelessness
in just a few wee hours of the night
Oh tis this to love like a child
in awed openness to possibilty
My heart a song and poetry.

No comments: