Monday, July 19, 2010

The Power of Prayer and The RESTORATION of America: a Call to Spiritual Arms

This is the 3rd installment on The 4th of July Series..

I am a Christian and PROUD of it. I do not advocate Fraud and Theft but I do advocate Force if the CAUSE calls for it! But FORCE only in the sense of "a defensive war" or Force "by a defensive nature" and in this sense becomes sinless before God.

When vice and immorality become prevalent; when people forsake God and rebelled against Him, they lose their marital spirit. The reason why a defensive war seems so awful to good people, is, they esteem it to be some kind of murder: but this is a very great mistake; for it is no more murder than a legal process against a criminal. The end id the same, the mode left to obtain justice. And surely that religion is not from Heaven, which is against justice on Earth. Remember all men are not converted; if they were, there could be no necessity of war in any sense.

For, say The Scripture, "they shall not hurt or destroy"." But, remember, this is when the earth shall be filled with knowledge of the Lord. Alas! this is not the case now; for darkness, gloomy darkness, prevails throughout the kingdoms of this world. Oh! that the kingdom of Jesus was come, when we should have occasion to learn and know war no more.

The first PUBLIC voice in America for dissolving all connections with Great Britain, came not from the Puritans of New England, The Dutch of New York, nor from the planters of Virginia, but from the Scotch-Irish Presbyterians "who were meeting in convention as delegates of Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Over a year BEFORE the Declaration of Independence, these Presbyterians---many of them preachers--wrote the following:

Resolved, That we do hereby declare ourselves a free and independent people, are, and of right ought to be a sovereign and self-governing Association, under the control of no power, other that that of our God and the General Government of the Congress; to the maintenance of which INDEPENDENCE, we solemnly pledge to each other, our mutual cooperation, our lives, our fortunes, and our most sacred honor."

On June 12, 1775, England declared that the Colonies would now be put under Martial Law. The CHRISTIAN Continental Congress, in response, employed their most trusted weapon: PRAYER. They appealed to "The Great Governor of the World" who "frequently influences the minds of men to serve the wise and gracious purposes of His providential government". It was " recommended to CHRISTIANS all denominations to assemble for PUBLIC...humiliation, fasting, and prayer" on the 20th of July.

I say this in a declaration of my beliefs and to also acknowledge I hear you when you speak of "sovereignty" and "self-government"...on this my friend is "COMMON GROUND" we can build a bridge of HOPE. "We The People" you are RIGHT when you say "my vote doesn't count"...because we wait til November to vote and get by "default" the lesser of two evils. To my fellow Christians, I write this to START with me to "bear the responsibility that WE have allowed these "internal invaders" to LORD over us because we forsook our God, not HE "us". In some respects I am saying that the responsibility of all this mess is at OUR feet....not the non-believers, the anarchists, the heathen.

When "We The People" are are called by His Name (Christian)...can Declare our INTENTIONS in the same "Spirit" that the Christians of the early days fro thus is is manifest, in the spirit of our history, in our annuals, and by the general voice of the fathers of the republic, that, in a very GREAT DEGREE,---to the pulpit, The Puritan pulpit, we OWE the MORAL FORCE which won our independence."

On the flip side of that coin, the lack thereof of that same spirit today...WE (I) concede that in a VERY GREAT DEGREE--we Christians have permitted the immoral force which has all but with a jot of a letter...lost our independence. I say this to my shame.

For my mind goes back to the Garden of Eden...Paradise~It wasn't God that brought death into the world. Well, could we say it was Eve? Well, no. It was Satan. But, "by Eve NOT BEING OBEDIENT TO GOD"(as well as Adam). So, in my heart, mind, and Spirit...I say the same has come upon America. God didn't bring this evil upon us, but He "allowed" it for our chastisement. It is of Satan, but by OUR not being obedient to God. We wanted someone to rule over. Look where we are today.

It's time for "us" to step us to the plate and swing for the "fences" and although we may be stretched across the miles of this great nation...God can hear us. Let us gather in our homes, our place of work, our streets, our MINDS and "simultaneously" PRAY that God heal our land. Let US be repentant in spirit for OUR PEOPLE.

Let US Pray as we never have before. Let us Pray as ONE sending up those prayers to heal our land.

We lost our "virtue" and our "self-government" and became "prey" to what Samuel
Adams called "INTERNAL INVADERS".

Through-out the Revolution, less than a majority of the population were "official" members of a church (although a definate majority attended church and almost every one had a Biblical view of life). God never requires a "moral majority" to affect a Nation...only a "righteous remnant" who really understood their duties in all of life.

May the day come soon, when we the remnant may echo those words spoken hundreds of years ago with the Signing of The Declaration of Independence..."We have this day RESTORED the Sovereign to Whom alone men ought to be obedient. He reigns in Heaven and ...from the rising to the setting of the sun, may His Kingdom come."

2 comments:

Tim Morris said...

Hi, found you on a friends facebook link. This is an interesting article, well written and made my think as I previously indicated. I'm also religious, very American, and concerned about the fate of our once great nation. Belief in a higher power (God) is a good way for anyone to begin in seeking an answer to our nations problems. Please check out my journalistic blog/website at http://crisisusa.org ... register and contribute in our op/ed section. Your opinions and articles are definitely welcome.

Teresa D. Smith said...

Hey Tim...I guess I missed replying to your comment after moderating it. I just went and registered for Crisis USA and look forward to contributing there as time permits.

I found myself concerned for the fate of our nation starting back in 1995, as I began to notice "little changes" which I saw and others seemed to not. Today, those things are more evident and readily identified as our country is being stolen right out from under our noses.

For years, I was very concerned the the course our nation was on had been slightly changed, and turned to Father for guidance. I have spent the past 15 years studying history, the Federal Reserve, and a DEEP study of The Bible with a focus on Revelations, Ezekiel and Daniel. It is truly here that I found my peace, and realized somethings are "destined to happen" for our correction, and to be able to find that "escape" within the things transpiring at this moment.

Finally feeling led to do something with all the "wisdom" I have been blessed to receive, I started my little blogsite Musings and Ramblings of Tee as a place to plant seeds, and speak my peace, and share wisdom.

I am honored that something I have written or shared moved you in any way. I am also honored for the privilege to share on your site Crisis USA. If there is anything on my site you wish me to repost on yours, I would be glad to do so. Also, I will submit new items as well. Just let me know. Look forward to doing so in the very near future.