Saturday, June 26, 2010

Longing Song

When I was lonely,
you were but a dream.
Now my dream is no longer.
Neither is my loneliness.

When my heart felt
like it would never love,
you were but a dream
and now my heart is full.
My cup runneth over.

When I was lying in dirt
amongst my pale sisters,
fragile
and breaking like the world,
you were but a dream.
Now a new life blood
runs through my veins.

When all you do is love me,
I dare to turn my barren back to you,
a spiteful eclipse,
leaving you empty
to contend with the ashen lilies.
Forgive me.

Minutes pass like days
and hours do not pass at all.
These little deaths constructed
are slowly yet, quickly~
killing you, killing me.

We begin to fade
and slowly we sink,
like the eyes of a corpse
trapped by coins
longing for the light of day
once more~
to see its beauty.

Stillness gripped a single tear
escaping to cool this tortured place.
Spirit quickening, real love
arousing senses filled,
overflowing.

I was born to love you
led by your passionate soul
naked amongst the sandy beaches
in the night.

Yearning to caress,
become and draw into my soul
all the passion of you until
every fiber brings forth dancing life.

I forever your mate
am seeking and pouring out
my longing song finding you
and holding you
though you are miles from me.

I shall lift my coffee cup
and toast an answer~
your smile.
Permitting the soft breath
left on each others neck
to tide us over~
until I meet you
in the silence of the evening
when we become one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am always amazed by your expression and word-choice. It is nice to know a fellow Christian writer who also can express matters of the heart in such a way that moves every fiber of our beings.